Thursday, January 29, 2009

Future of Chicago Public Schools


I started looking for job postings and thinking about updating my resume on job search sites.
In two years, my son will be starting Kindergarten and my daughter Preschool. I feel like we will have to put them in a private school and instead of public school based on the most recent news.

Our own Mayor Daley (of Chicago) picked the ex-CTA (public transit sytem) Chief to head Chicago Public Schools. He does not have any education background. He's replacing someone who was picked as "United States Secretary of Education". Can you imagine the difference in the credentials of these two leaders (for this particular position)?

I just cannot find a way to digest this decision and Mayor Daley got his first big F from me for sure.

Now I need to get back into workforce asap and get ready for private school bills.

No comments: